Friday, December 16, 2011

Langer Nights

Mix by Dom


A very slow and sleepy mix for the langer nights of the year
Please enjoy a seasonal drink
Or while walking with headphones
Playlist:
1) I feel as if I Might Be Vanishing- The Caretaker. Inspired by the ballroom scene in The Shining. A very haunted and creepy track, this concept artist is trying to represent amnesia. I feel this way when I hear this track and it's magnified by snow.
2) Shoes- Akron/Family. Your walk has just begun.
3) Cannons- Youth Lagoon. Best album I've heard this year is by this young upstart from Idaho.  And, like everyone, he's crying about something insignificant.  Though he seems to know where to plant his simple beat.
4) Service Bell- Grizzly Bear & Feist.
5) Untitled- The Real People. Another young upstart who makes me feel unaccomplished. Pre-Beruit.
6) Sweetest Kill- Broken Social Scene.  Thought track fit the mood. A song for every season on their most recent.
7) Winter Daze- The Papercuts.  This song's on an album of theirs that is not may favorite but this track is drowsy and drowsy I am becoming.
8) Spotless Mind- Jon Brion. From the soundtrack and snowy.
9) The Day Texas Sank Into The Sea- Micah P. Hinson. Song takes a minute to build but build it does. Had this album been released in 2011, I'd call it the best album of the year. But lo, I found ye too late.
10) Heavy Stones- Chad VanGaalen. I imagine by this point I'm stumbling through this track like a vaudevillian act.
11) Real Love- Beach House.
12)  Slow Bicycle- Mum. Return to hypnosis and perhaps some amnesia.

Ok then,

Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment