Monday, December 5, 2011

The tide comes in the tide goes away

Mix by Chris


Dear sirs and madams. I would be remiss to not first apologize for my tardiness.  May your sanctions be merciful and just.

Anyway, here are the songs:

1. Broken Witch – Liars: silly and awesome. 2004 wasn’t ready for this hot mess.

2. Walkabout – Atlas Sound: Noah Lennox writes the corniest lyrics, but then makes them sound amazing.

3. Fright Night – Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti: I used to talk to demons with my Ouija board, but not anymore!

4. The Pull – from high above you, I saw your earth framed body wrapped in wool, the glow surrounds you, and when you breathed in, I felt the pull

5. See the Leaves – The Flaming Lips: this flew way under my radar (which is becoming exponentially less powerful every year), but might be the best lips album. Ever.

6. As I Lay My Head Down – Other Lives: nice moody pop.

7. Memory Machine – Dismemberment Plan: they can make machines to save us labor, some day, they’ll do our hearts the very same favor

8. I Luv the Valley OH! – Xiu Xiu: that’s a heart and the both of you made it

9. Bay of Pigs – Destroyer: the tide comes in, the tide goes away.

xoxo

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment