Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thump Biscuit

Mix by Mark

AYO! Greetings everyone!

Remixi, Mashups, 2 degrees of interrelated instrumelodies and the unrelated related collabo's! AKA Thump Biscuit! So I've been pumpn several versions of this mix for the last 6 months. This has made it very difficult. The right song at the right time is really a problem for me. There are interesting facts about all these tracks and why I picked them. But Imma leave most of that out. Listen, research and you shall find the common thread, besides the obvious. Placement may be sketchy, So I say... Headphone cardio collabo touch everything museum and lets just let the biscuits (CHIPS) fall were they may.  I invite you to my mix, the one that has hunted me so.

Daylight, Thundercat
This dude plays the bass. Like really. The Intro.

We Major, Kanye West & Nas ft. Man Man
Collabo w/ this group Man Man. Not really With either artists permission. Technically this is a “mashup”. Worth a look, if you haven't already heard their other work. Brought to you by Team Teamwork.

For Love I Come, George Duke
This song hits so hard. Mf Doom sampled it. Shout out to Doom fans... Later on I have a special treat/ REEEEMIIIX!!!!! BWAAAAHHhhhn BWAAAAAHnnnn! Yeah, but Frank Zappa also assisted on this one. Ohhh the 70’s. GEORGE DUKE IS A MELODY MAKING GOD!

Take Note/ Drips, Miguel Atwood Ferguson Ensemble
REdo/ Sorta Mashup .Done with full band, orchestra, etc. Thundercat was on the scene along with flying Lotus and Dave “daddy”. He is one sick drummer. A long one but it could just so happen to be a one way commute to heaven with the head phones. This one always super charges my day.

Light Sleep, Bibio
Probably a Jammy jam I could have thrown on my last mix. This song climaxes hard!

Casa forte,Jackson Conti ( Madlid and Mamoa)
Nice take on a favorite of mine.

Smells Like Teen Spirit, Robert Glasper Experiment
WHHATT?? Aye. This is cool. I have heard remixes of this before but this one the most beautiful. Sorry for the unclean cut. Youtube it for more. So Delicious. Glasper is a genius pianist.. all his stuff is worth a listen, especially if your into Jazz and it’s recent metamorphosis.

Astral Plane, Flying Lotus
Aight, so there was some flying lotus on the last mix, but I just had to have some more. Some things he comes out with I am less than satisfied with, but its like a Diamond in the rough stuff. This beat is fat... kinda reminds me of DeeLight, you know... From the 90’s.

Night Court, Mux Mool
Found this Beatastic Cutteroni on “Ghost Swim”, free album, Adult swim, etc. $Free.95 is a new music genre and pizza is a vegetable. Real talk y’all.

High Life, Conney Price and the Keystones Feat Myka Nyne
I love history lessons via tight tracks. This is a collabo with Myka Nyne of Freestyle Fellowship. And I learned something new after listening.. There is no Connie Price and the Keystones.. its just two dudes!!
Wikapedia says... “a modern-day deep funk /"new funk" group from Los Angeles. Though the name connotes a female lead, Connie Price & the Keystones is in fact a project helmed by Los Angeles-based guitarist/producer/multi-instrumentalist Dan Ubick (of Breakestra fame) and his friend trumpeter/arranger Todd M. Simon. Ubick, who played most of the instruments for the "group" in the studio, simply wanted an alias for his drum-playing self, and decided to go with the name Connie Price for the funk-throwback group. In 2004 the Keystones put out an EP, Blood's Haul, on the Stones Throw imprint Now Again, and that same year the instrumental Wildflowers was released. Another EP, Sticks & Stones, hit shelves in 2005, and three years later the band—Ubick and Simon with the usual bevy of fellow Angeleno musicians, and now on Ubiquity Records—issued Tell Me Something, which featured guest appearances from MCs like Percee P and Big Daddy Kane (for both of whom the Keystones recorded a separate 12" on Scion), Ohmega Watts, and Freestyle Fellowship's Myka Nyne, among others.” Peep the track with Aloe Blac. Very good, maybe better than this one.. but I listened to it and sang it so much i burnt out my vocals.

Slow Demon, Snarky Puppy.
I love this band. This song is the best representation of the band yet, it is no comparison to seeing them live. Truly amazing. Catch their next tour for sure. Sorry its so long, but with a few listens and maybe some high quality headphone sound, you'll feel the live show right in your own home.

We Have Love, Amnesty
Oh yeah.. Damn, I dig harmonies, ya dig? Stones throw is real good at finding these rare beauties. This one goes out to the Girls of the world. Mark loves you all. “Laaaaamme!”

Holla, Ghostface feat Mu’m.
Another Team Teamwork track... It/ was real hard for me to put so much of these guys in my mix but I love the remixi! SO Yeah. No apologies there.. I like what I like. Plus I try to do a lil Ghostface Killa  where ever i go. Dammit I love that dude. For those of you not in the know. http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/ Check the Drake’s New Album review.. Namsayin!?
2 Re-dick!

Knoc, Pimp C, Li'l Keke & P.O.P. Remixed With some Zelda.
Team Teamwork again??? I knooooowww. but this song hits. NSFW but who is now a’days?
Find all their albums for free... Look up Team Teamwork.. “ah’duuuh Mark.” ...on google. You should be able to find google on google.

Walkin, Thundercat.
Reapeat Offender!!! Repeat Offender!!! Man, Thundercat is the SHIIIIIIIT.

For Love I Come, Thundercat (Duke Remix)
Yeah.. the mot huanting of all these tracks.. This melody has been in my head for at least 6 months straight. Thundercat slows it down from the start. Pretty Pony Shit, Then at the last 45 or so seconds blasts off. OMG, get the whole album PDQ or ASAP, Then make sure to pull out your BVD’s cause this bass playin makes wedgies like Tic Tac’s, WTF?

Love you all.
-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment