Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here's my theory... the "Ex-Presidents" are surfers!

Mix by Vincent

Hi Everyone,

First off, I wanna thank you all for the delight to discover and savour your mix tapes every other week. Some of those songs are now part of my everyday life so much that I found myself wanting to add this soul version of Jealous Guy to my compilation before I realized where it was coming from. There must be a forfeit to penalize such a mistake.

Then, I apologize because I’ve been and I’m still super busy and I didn’t really have the time to think at all about the literature for this mixtape so all I’ve got is a quotation from an old shameful favorite movie from teenage as a guiding thread :
The Ex-Presidents are surfers!
I guess what happened is pretty basic winter-psychology turning into a sort of bad sophism :
So February makes me wanna be in summer.
Summer makes me wanna be a surfer. (Which I’m really not...)
February makes me wanna surf...
and I also must have been listening too much to the radio hammering the presidential campaign in France right now. I wish we could have a surfer as a president...

Anyways, I hope you’ll enjoy the music that I assembled for this warming up mixtape.
Some tracks have no name because I edited them from untitled sources so if by chance you know the Hawaian artist (track 3) please let me know.

Aloha!


01. intro waikiki

02. Bizness - Tune-Yards

03. Hawaii

04. I'm Homesick Sittin' Up Here In My Satellite - Doldrums

05. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People

06. Kinda detective music

07. Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues

08. Stand on the Word (Unreleased Larry Levan Mix) - Celestial Choir

09. Endless Winter - Doldrums

10. Leave House - Caribou

11. surf rock

12. the ex-presidents are surfers

13. Fuckin In The Bushes - Oasis

14. The Paper Bride - Poni Hoax

15. Your Body Is My Body - Ellen Alien

16. 5 Steps _ 7 Swords - Get Well Soon

No comments:

Post a Comment